10 Sep Capitol Warehousing Helps Wisconsin Manufacturer Export Auto Related Products to Mexico
Contact: Jim Diedrich at (608) 846-9310 x222
Expanding International Trade Services
This month Capitol began shipping racks for axle parts ultimately destined for Mexico used by a major Wisconsin auto manufacturer. Capitol shipped the products using its rail facilities, which connects to the Canadian Pacific Rail system using its own rail siding. Capitol expects to ship approximately 60 railcars ultimately destined for Mexico within the next two months.
The shipments are part of Capitol’s effort to grow its international services. Other initiatives include pursuing Customs public bonded warehousing space, and inclusion in a possible future Dane County Foreign Trade Zone.
Capitol is a full distribution company located in Windsor, WI, providing transportation, warehousing and 3PL services.
- Own fleet of tractors, high cube vans, curtain-sided trailers, flatbeds, and pneumatic trailers
- Daily service to Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis and Detroit, among others
- Strategic business alignments with other industry leaders to provide more shipping solutions
- Class A railroad lines (Canadian Pacific Rail System) connected to our own rail siding
- Railyard with capacity for 80 railcar spots
- One of the area’s only facilities to offer transloading services—freight can be transloaded to warehouse or truck
- 700,000 square feet of dry, high-cube warehousing
- 45,000 square feet of cooler space
- Transloading operations specializing in the transfer of materials from rail to truck or vice versa
- Computerized inventory services accessible on-line
- Bulk services, including under track conveyors and packaging capabilities
- Pest, humidity and dust control